Duval's disastrous ELA scrimmage, students and teachers set up to fail.

Note: I was sent a picture of all the schools scores and I originally had it up. Later the person who sent it to me contacted me and asked me to take it down. They said they were afraid for their job. I may have disagreed with their choice but I will respect it.

The scores were abysmal and the district average for scoring in the top forty percent was one percent and this is with most of the kids in 9th and 10th grade taking it. The scores were a disaster.

If somebody else sends me the scores I will put them back up but until then this is the best I can do.

The high school ELA scrimmage that was supposed to mirror the upcoming FSA and was given to students just before Christmas.

The results are ridiculously bad. Every school including Stanton and Paxon tanked (and so much for the district testing less right?)

The teachers I am talking to are frustrated with the district. They are telling me that the curriculum is half written and what activities they are given don't match the standards.

Where frustrated with the district they are also frustrated with the state which has given them a constantly moving target. 

With both the state and the district hammering away at them, many teachers feel like they and their students are being set up to fail. 

I am reminded of the old saying, with friends like these who needs enemies.

0 comments:

Post a Comment