John Meeks for DTU board of directors.

John Meeks is a regular contributor t the blog, a fine teacher and teacher representative. he is sunning for the DTU board of directors. I think he would be a fine choice. Below is a note from him.

I need your vote.  It's that simple.
    I am currently representing our teachers on the Duval Teachers United board of directors.  I am responsible for determining the direction that our local teachers union takes going forward.
    While our state has been showing great disrespect to public education, I am proud that our district is in the second year of a three-year contract that was negotiated by our collective bargaining team - including very capable and experienced DTU members.
    My concern for our interests dates back to before I was a teacher.  In fact, I was in college when I volunteered to help reelect Governor Lawton Chiles.  And, since then, I have made it my personal duty and obligation to serve in whatever capacity I can.
    My most fulfilling service has been in the field of public education.  I reach out daily to our future leaders.  I work side-by-side with the most professional people I know.  I work to make a difference in the policies that affect our ability to best serve our students.
    I can talk about the committees that I served on, the commentaries that I have had published, and the elected officials whom I know personally.  Instead, I want you to know that I am the same dedicated building representative who first started over ten years ago.  I am committed to seeking respect and dignity for our profession.  I am committed to you.
    Thank you for your support.
    John Meeks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment